Closely following the RISC-V NES emulator.. There is now a playable port of the classic video game Quake for Sipeed RISC-V 64 based boards.
The port is currently only usable with a Playstation 2 controller. Wiring is pretty simple though. You can use Dupont connectors to connect the controller pins if you don’t want to solder anything.
- Connect your board to your PS2 controller
- On a MicroSD card, create a folder named id1 and copy pak0.pak (download)
- Insert the MicroSD card
- Connect your board to USB
- In Windows, download K-Flash from https://kendryte.com/downloads/ , unzip and run K-Flash.exe
- In K-Flash select the device’s port
- Navigate to the K210 Quake port (download or Github release here)
- Click Flash to upload
- Preset reset on the board
You’ll need to use the settings menu via the Select and Start buttons on the controller to set up the PS2 buttons.
If you found something useful above please say thanks by buying me a coffee here...